RELIEF WORK DONE DURING CATASTROPHIC SITUATIONS
|YEAR||RELIEF WORK DONE|
|1965 & 1971
INDO – PAK CONFLICTS
|Provided First-Aid Parties in all the Civil Defence Depots in Delhi.|
|1982 ASIAD||Provided Stretcher Bearer Teams in all 17 Stadia, set up First-Aid Posts at 50 Practice Sites, 35 Posts outside all Stadia for public and 104 Posts at strategic points in Delhi covering Historical Monuments, Road Intersections and Railway Stations etc.|
|1983 ASSAM-IRCS ETHNIC SITUATION||Provided Relief Teams to Assam-IRCS during ethnic situation at Medical Centres and Relief Distribution Points.|
|1984 riots in Delhi||Opened First-Aid Posts in the Gurudwaras and other places for rendering First-Aid to the injured, helped IRCS in tracing services.|
|1984-IRCS Medical Relief to Bhopal gas Victims||Provided relief teams to IRCS in Bhopal during Gas leak.|
|1985 onward Kumbh Melas and Ardh-Kumbh Melas||Opened static First-aid Posts and provided mobile First-Aid Teams at Haridwar and Allahabad and handled mass casualties during stampede under combined banner of Red Cross & St.John Ambulance.|
|1987 Sri Lanka Peace Mission||Provided Relief and Para-medical Teams in Sri Lanka in Indian red Cross Peace Mission.|
|1988 Bihar Earthquake||Provided Relief and First-Aid teams during Bihar earthquake.|
|1991 Uttarkashi Earthquake||Provided First-Aid/Relief Teams during Uttarkashi Earthquake & helped IRCS in Tracing Services.|
|1992-93 Training in J&K State||Assisted IRCS – J&K State Branch in imparting First-Aid training and Health Check-up Camps in different areas in different Districts.|
|1994 – Maharashtra Earthquake||Provided Relief Teams in Killari, Maharashtra.|
|1999 – Orissa Super Cyclone||Provided Relief Teams during Orissa Super Cyclone.|
|2001-Bhuj Earthquake||Provided Relief Teams during Bhuj-Gujarat Earthquake.|
|2004 Tsunami Catastrophy||Provided Relief Teams in Tsunami Catastrophy.|
|2006-08 in different catastrophic situations in Delhi||Organised First-Aid Teams in all 9 Districts under Emergency Response Plan of Delhi Disaster Management Authority of Delhi Government and appointed Nodal Officer to coordinate with Authorities in different emergency situations, providing emergency help and training in Disaster Management plans and Training Programmes in Schools, Residential Welfare Associations and other places wherever required. Providing Ambulances, First-Aid Teams in different Mock Drills organized in different Districts by Delhi Govt., rendered aid for minor ailments and provided Ambulances and First-Aid Parties to reach first on the spots in following catastrophies: –
1) In 2005, during Bomb Blast at Liberty and Satyam Cinema.
2) During Bomb Blasts at Paharganj, Sarojini Nagar Market and Kalkaji in 2006.
3) During collapse of building at Madipur in West Delhi on 11.2.2007.
4) During collapse of building at Ashok Nagar in Shahadra in August, 2008.
5) During Bomb Blast at Gaffar Market (Karol Bagh), Central Park Connaught Place, Barakhamba Road and M-Block Market in Greater Kailash-I in September, 2008.
6) During Bomb Blast at Mehrauli on 27.9.2008.
7) During Metro Accident at Laxmi Nagar, when a part of Metro construction fell down on 19.10.2008.
|2009-March-2018||During the years 2009-2018, the Brigade Hqrs. and Ambulances helped the victims, some round the clock for many days like fall of a building at Lalita Park, Laxmi Nagar, Delhi and some for few hours including Bomb Blast in Delhi High court and in other catastrophic situations in Delhi.
The Brigade Hqrs. continued to participate in Mock Drills organized by DDMAs, Bharat Petroleum, Indian Oils & Airport Authorities from time to time.
The limited number of Brigade Ambulances, Brigade’s operational Hqrs. Control Rooms linked with Walkie Talkie Hand Sets were of great help on the above occasions.
A. Emergency First Aid-cum-Disaster Mitigation Centres of Brigade deputed First Aid Teams with Ambulances for rendering aid for minor ailments, some of them are given as under: –
1. On 11-12th May, 2017 nights, an ambulance with team performed duty at Kabristan, Mubarak Pur Chowk, outer Ring road, Delhi.
2. International Yoga Divas
i) On 17 June, 2017, during celebration of International Yoga Divas, Ambulance and First Aid teams were deputed at Red Fort, India Gate and other places at different Yoga Camps.
ii) The Brigade team with 10 volunteers also participated on 21st June, 2017 at the “Yoga Shivir” organized by the National Hqrs. of IRCS at 1, Red Cross Road, New Delhi.
3. On 26th June, 2017, on the occasion of ID-UL-FITR, an ambulance with first aid team performed the duty at Madina Masjid, H-Block, Shakarpur, Delhi.
4. Kanwar Seva – First Aid Arrangements with Ambulance. During the month of Shrawan, Kanwarias start on foot from Haridwar to their destinations to offer “Ganga Jal” at Shiv Temples on Shiv Chaudas. Large number of Kanwarias reach Delhi and some of them go to Haryana and Rajasthan via Delhi Borders. A number of Samitis organize enroute resting places and “Bhandaras” for these Kanwarias. The Brigade provided First Aid/Medical arrangements at the requests of Delhi Police, NGOs and other agencies as under:-
i) At the request of DCP North West District, provision of Ambulances with medical facility was made from 10.7.2017 to 21.7.2017 on Ring Road at four places.
ii) At the request of DCP, Shahdara District, medical facility was provided from 11-21 July, 2017 at Chinta Mani Chowk and at Shyam Lal College, GT Road, Delhi.
iii) At the request of DCP North East District, medical arrangements with Ambulances were provided from 11-21 July, 2017 at Maujpur Chowk, 66 foota Road and Dharampura points and GT Road, Delhi.
iv) On this occasion, our Rohini and Kanjhawla Zone Ambulance Corps sent two Mobile First Aid teams to Neelkanth via Haridwar, Sultanpuri Zone Ambulance Corps sent three mobile First Aid teams to Bagpat. They all rendered first aid for minor ailments to the needy.
v) From 17-21 July, 2017, Medical Teams with Motor Bikes and Ambulances were deputed at Kanwar Camps by Mahakal Ke Sewak at crossing of outer Ring Road (Rohini) and crossing of Outer Ring Road, Dhirpur, Delhi.
5. Inauguration of Museum on Kasturba. On 7th July, 2017, an Ambulance with medical facility was provided at Mukherjee Nagar, Kasturba Kutir Ashram, Kingsway Camp, Delhi where Museum on Kasturba was inaugurated by Hon’ble H.E.Md. Hamid Ansari, Vice President of India.
6. Independence Day Celebration. As usual, the Delhi Brigade set up First Aid Posts at Red Fort and around areas during Independence Day Celebration by Govt. of India and also at Chhatrasal Stadium, during Independence Day Celebration by Govt. of NCT of Delhi on all their rehearsals and finals as under: –
i) One First Aid Post with an Ambulance set up at combined rehearsals including
Guard of Honour of NCC Cadets and School Children on 31/7, 1st, 3rd, 4th,5th,7th,8th and 9th Aug., 2017 at Red Fort.
ii) Fourteen First Aid Posts set up on rehearsals and final on 11th, 13th and 15th August, 2017.
iii) At the request of Govt. of NCT of Delhi, four First Aid posts with Ambulances at Chhatrasal Stadium on 11th, 13th and 15th August, 2017 besides one First Aid Post set up on all rehearsals of School Children starting from 30th July, 2017.
iv) First Aid facilities were provided on 12th August, 2017 at the request of Nehru Bal Sangh.
v) As usual, two FAPs were set up with Brigade Ambulances at “Mushaira” of Urdu Academy, Govt. of NCT of Delhi held on 13th August, 2017 at „Aiwan-e-Ghalib‟, Mata Sundari Lane, New Delhi.
7. At Ganpati Mahotsaav celebration-2017, organized by Maitri Education & Welfare Society (Regd.) at Ramleela Maidan, Mahindra Park Chowk, an ambulance with first aid team was deputed for duty from 25th August to 5th September, 2017 performed by Saraswati Vihar Ambulance Corps.
8. World Blind Day On 12th Oct., 2017, a first aid post with Motor Bikes was set on the occasion of
World Blind Day celebrated at Connaught Place (NDMC Building), New Delhi.
9. On 12th August, 2017, an ambulance with first aid team performed their first aid duty at Siri Fort Auditorium, Gate No.2 at the request of Nehru Bal Sangh.
10. Celebration of Janamashtmi
i) First Aid arrangements were made on 15th August, 2017 at big temples in North West District at the request of Police at Nav Grah Mandir, Janamashtmi Mela, Keshav Puram, Sanatan Dharm Mandir, West Shalimar Bagh and Shiv Mandir etc.
ii) Two First Aid teams with Ambulances were deputed at “Shobha Yatra” organized by ISCON Temple on Sunday, the 6th August, 2017 on the occasion of Janamashtmi.
iii) At Laxmi Narain Temple, Mandir Marg, New Delhi, static first aid post set up and four mobile teams were deputed for duty.
iv) On 10th August, 2017, an ambulance with medical team performed the duty at National Zoological Park, New Delhi at their Walk Test.
11. Ram Lilas and Durga Puja – Emergency First Aid cover. This year, Ram Lilas and Durga Puja fell from 20-30 September, 2017. As usual, the Delhi Brigade made first aid arrangements and deputed Brigade Ambulances at over 30 places. Some of them are given as under: –
S.No. Places Dates Officer/Brigade Distt. on duty
i) New Delhi Kali Bari 26-30 Sept, 17 New Delhi.
ii) Durga Jan Sewa Trust 20-30 Sept,17 North West.
DDA ground, Laxmi Ngr., Kirari, Delhi.
iii) Shri Dharmic Lila Committee, Red Fort, Delhi 21 Sept.-1st Oct. Central
iv) Ram Lila Ground, Ajmeri Gate, Delhi. 20-30 Sept,17 Central (At the request of DCP, Central Distt)
v) At the request of DCP, N.W.Distt. 20-29 Sept, 17. North West
i) Ashok Vihar-Adarsh Ram Lila -do- -do-
ii) Bharat Nagar-Ram Lila Park -do- -do-
v) Keshav Puram-VVIP Park -do- -do-
vi) Subhash Place-Ram Lakhan Ram Lila -do- -do-
vii) Model Town-Ram Lila Committee -do- -do-
viii) Shalimar Bagh-Ram Lila Comm. -do- -do-
ix) M.enclave-Shri Ram Lila,Pitampura. -do- -do-
x) Jahangirpuri-H Block Ram Lila Grd. -do- -do-
xi) Bhalaswa Dairy-Vaishno Mata Mandir -do- -do-
xii) Mukherjee Nagar-Broth Ram Lila Maidan-do-
vi) Navratra Celebration – Kalkaji Temple. 21-30 Sept,17 South Distt.
vii) Ram Lakhan Committee, Rohini. 21-30 Sept,17 North Distt.
viii) Aram Bagh Puja Samiti. 25-30 Sept,17 New Delhi Distt.
ix) DCP – East District. 21-30 Sept,17 East Distt.
x) Rajinder Nagar Arts Club, Delhi. 21-29 Sept, 17 West Distt.
xi) Shiv Shakti Ram Lila & Dussehra Committee21 Sept-1 Oct.17 North Distt.
xii) Shri Ram Lila Committee, Friends Colony(E),Delhi –do- South Distt.
xiii) Dipali Chowk Ram Lila 21-30 Sept.2017 North West Opp.Shanti Niketan, Delhi
12. Moharram – Tazia Processions. Moharram (Ashea) has fallen on 1st October, 2017. Several Tazias called “Mehndi” processions were taken out. Ambulance with first aid teams were deputed on 1st October, 2017 at the processions and at Kadimi Kabristan, Mukerian Chowk (PS Mahindra Park), Delhi.
13. Delhi Blind Walk On the occasion of World Sight Day-2017, an ambulance with first aid team performed duty on 12th October, 2017 at Jantar Mantar at the walk from YMCA.
14. Chhat Puja Large number of devotees worship Sun-God by offering water on this day.
Ambulances with first aid facility were deputed at different Ghats in Delhi in the night
between 26-27 Oct., 2017: –
i) At Bhalaswa Lake.
ii) Yamuna Bank in the jurisdiction of East Distt. on 11 and 12 Oct., 2017 at Inter
College Sports Event at Polo Ground, New Police Line, Kingsway Camp,
iii) First Aid Posts were set up with Motor Bikes at Mubarakpur, Delhi for
rendering aid for minor ailments.
15. On 20, 21 and 22 October, 2017, a standby ambulance with first aid team was deputed at the Stephen Persian at DTEA Sr.Sec. School, Pusaa Road, New Delhi.
16. FIFA – U17 World Cup. FIFA-U17 World Cup was held at Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium from 6-16 Oct., 2017. On this occasion, 8 First Aid Posts were set up with Honda ART Motor Bikes and
Brigade Ambulances for attending casualties for minor ailments.
17. Bhagwan Jagannath Yatra – 28 Oct., 2017. Two Ambulances with First Aid teams were deputed at Bhagwan Jagannath Rath Yatra organized by ISCON Temple on Saturday, the 28th October, 2017 at Red Fort, Delhi.
18. Diwali Bazar A First Aid Post was set up at Diwali Haat, from 10-16 Oct., 2017 organized by the
Blind Relief Association, Delhi at Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg, near Hotel Oberoi, New Delhi.
19. Prakash Parv of Shri Guru Nand Dev Ji. As usual, the Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committees in different Gurudwaras in Delhi organized Nagar Kirtan (Procession) on the auspicious occasion of Prakash Parv of Shri Guru Nand Dev Ji. First Aid arrangements with Ambulances were deputed for duty at the following places: –
i) On 3.11.2017 at Nagar Kirtan procession in benign guidance of Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji decorated Palki Sahib starting from Parade Ground to Chandni Chowk, Fatehpuri, Khari Baoli, Qutub Road, Azad Market, Roshnara Road, Ghanta Ghar and concluded at Gurudwara Nanak Piao, G.T.Karnal Road, Delhi.
ii) On 4.11.2017 at Gurudwara Rakab Ganj, Delhi.
20. Emergency Response & Disaster Management Mock Drill organised at Delhi Terminal, Bijwasan and Indian Oil Corporation, Delhi. On 24th November, 2017, an ambulance with doctor was sent on the above event for combating the emergency.
21. 70th Nirankari Samagam. Sant Nirankari Samagam was held from 18 to 20 November, 2017 at Burari Centre, Delhi. An Ambulance and two first aid Posts were set up, round the clock duty, from 16.11.2017 to 22.11.2017 at Ground Santokh Sarover, Burari, Delhi, for providing assistance for minor ailments and for transporting serious casualties to nearby Hospitals.
22. On 4th Nov., 2017 on the auspicious occasion of birthday of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, an ambulance with first aid team performed duty at 12, Safdarjung Road, New Delhi (residence of Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister of Food Processing, GOI, New Delhi).
23. Masoom ka Tazia Masoom ka Tazia procession was held on 27 November, 2017 from Pahari Bhojla Chandni Mahal to Dargah Shah-e-Mardan, Jorbagh, Delhi. Ambulances with First Aid
teams were deputed to meet any untoward event and for rendering assistance for minor
ailments to the needy.
24. Brigade Sensitization of First Aid assistance & setting up of a First Aid Post in Science Fair. A First Aid Post was set up and Sensitization programme was organized at B.R.International Secondary Public School, New Delhi by Sh.D.K.Sharma, Dy.Commissioner of Brigade, Delhi and First Aid Team with ambulance was deputed at the Science Fair from 28-19 Nov., 2017.
25. 63rd National School Games. At the request of Dy.Director of Education (Sports), First Aid Posts were set up at all the Competition Venues for the facilitation of visiting players and officials from 27-30 November, 2017. Tae Kwando and Karate event of the games were held from 1st Dec., 2017 to 7th Dec., 2017 and 3-9 Jan., 2018. The Brigade provided medical cover at 10 sites and four Ambulances for the facilitation of Competitors for rendering first aid to the injured children.
26. Birthday of Hazrat Mohammed Sahib. On the birthday of Hazrat Mohammed Sahib on 2nd December, 2017, an Ambulance with First Aid team was deputed at the procession organized on the above occasion for providing assistance for minor ailments. As usual, the procession started
from Bara Hindu Rao Chowk and concluded at Jama Masjid Chowk, Delhi.
27. Raising Day of Civil Defence, Delhi. An Ambulance with First Aid Team and two ART Motor Bikes were deputed at the request of Directorate of Civil Defence, Delhi on the Raising Day of Civil Defence on 4th and 6th December, 2017 for rendering medical assistance on the occasion.
28. Birth Day procession of Shri Guru Govind Singh Ji – 24th & 25th Dec., 2017.
On the occasion of Prakash Parv of Sri Govind Singh Sahib Ji, Nagar Kirtan procession started on 24 Dec., 2017 from Gurudwara Rakab Ganj, Talkatora Road, Shankar Road, Rajinder Nagar, Patel Nagar, Ranjit Nagar, Shadipur Depot, Moti Nagar, Najafgarh Road, Kirti Nagar, Ramesh Nagar, Raja Garden, Rajouri Garden, Subhash Nagar Mor, Tilak Nagar, Jail Road, Gurudwara S.G.S.S., Delhi, the Brigade teams and Ambulances were deputed under the leadership of S.Ojas S.Walia, Asstt.Commissioner, SJAB for rendering medical assistance.
29. Half Marathon Run for Ladli held on 17th Dec., 2017 in Association with Delhi Police.
The Half Marathon Run was organized on “Gender Equity and Crime Against Women” on Sunday, the 17th December, 2017 from Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi and back to the Stadium. The Delhi Brigade participated in the Run and set up 10 mobile First Aid Posts all along the route of the Run with medical teams on four Gates of Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium with ART Motor Bikes and ambulances besides setting Exhibition Stalls at the Stadium.
30. i) At the request of Queen Mary‟s School, a first aid team and an Ambulance was deputed on 9th Dec., 2017 at “Annual Day” of School, to provide medical assistance.
ii) On 22, 23 and 24th Dec., 2017, an Ambulance with First Aid post was set up at State level Kabaddi Competition at the request of Delhi State Kabaddi Association for providing first aid assistance for minor ailments.
31. Bodhi Parv : Bimte Budhist Heritage Festival. At the request of TEAMWORK Celebrating Arts, an Ambulance with first aid team was deputed on the occasion of Bodhi Parv; Bimte Budhist Heritage Festival held at Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), Janpath, Delhi on 9th and 10th December, 2017 for providing medical assistance.
32. New Delhi Assembly Sports Tournament – 2018. An ambulance with first aid team performed the duty from 11-14 Jan., 2018 at Thyagraj Stadium at New Delhi Assembly Sports Tournament – 2018.
33. Republic Day Celebrations – 2018 – First Aid Posts On this occasion, as usual, the following arrangements were made at the request of Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
1. School Children Rehearsals. One First Aid Post with Ambulance on each day performed duties on 4th, 5th,7th, 9th,11th, 12th, 14th and 16th January, 2018 between Janpath and Man Singh Road Crossing at the rehearsals of school children.
2. Final Rehearsal (23rd January, 2018) and Final Day (26th January, 2018). – 17 FAPs established each day on 17th, 18th, 20th and 21st January, 2018 – 39 FAPs established on each day on 23rd and 26th January, 2018 all along the route of Republic Parade.
c) Beating the Retreat. Three Posts with Brigade Ambulances established on each day on 16th, 17th, 19th,22nd,24th 27th, 28th and 29th January, 2018.
d) Martyr’s Day. One First Aid Posts with Brigade Ambulance set up on each day on 11th, 16th,18th, 20th, 22nd, 27th and 30th January, 2018.
e) Delhi Govt. RDP – First-Aid Posts set up at Chhatrasal Stadium, Delhi. One FAP with Brigade Ambulance was deputed for first aid duty each day from 4-21 January, 2018 on all rehearsals of NCC and School Children and four FAPs on 22nd and 25th January, 2018.
33. On 24th Jan., 2018, an ambulance with first aid team performed the duty at 39th Annual Day celebration of Shri Mukhtiar Singh Shiksha Samiti.
34. Open International Boxing Tournament. An Ambulance with first aid team was deputed from 28 Jan. to 1st Feb., 2018 at Open International Boxing Tournament in India at the request of Boxing Federation of India for attending any untoward incidence.
35. Indian Red Cross Society – Youth Fest – 12-14 Feb., 2018. IRCS Youth Fest was organized from 12-14 Feb., 2018 by the National Hqrs. of IRCS & St. John Ambulance. Delhi Brigade also participated in the event and sent youths to attend the Camp. The Delhi Brigade in coordination with Northern Railway St.John Ambulance, opened “Reception Booths” at New Delhi Rly.Station, Delhi main Railway Station and Anand Vihar Railway Station and assisted in the transportation of delegates coming from different States Branches to lodging venue in Noida.
36. Delhi Police Raising Day. On the occasion of Delhi Police Raising Day, an Ambulance with medical team was deputed on 14th and 16th February, 2018 at Parade Ground, New Police Line,
Kingsway Camp, Delhi for rendering medical assistance.
37. An Ambulance with medical arrangement was deputed at Community Centre, Kingsway Camp, New Police Line, Delhi in connection with DUSU election, 2018 for meeting any untoward medical assistance.
38. Walking Test of IFS candidates in National Zoo Park. An Ambulance with medical team was deputed from 27-29 March, 2018 at the Indian Forest Service Examination-2017 and Walking Test for medical assistance.
39. Urs Transit Camp-2018 from 13.3.2018 to 30.3.2018 a first aid team was deputed through the Mobile Medical team sent by DGHS, Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
40. Hanuman Chalisa Path. At the request of Triveni Seva Mission, an Ambulance with First Aid Team was deputed on 11 March, 2018 on the occasion of Hanuman Chalisa Path at Indoor Stadium, Talkatora Garden, New Delhi.
41. Rashtriya Raksha Mahayagya. At the request of DCP, North Distt., on the occasion of Rashtriya Raksha Mahayagya at Red Fort, Delhi, an Ambulance with First Aid Team was deputed from 18-25 March, 2018 for first aid assistance.
42. At Indian Forest Service Examination – 2017 of Ministry of Environment, Forest & climate Change, an ambulance with medical team was deputed from 27-29 March, 2018.
43. At the request of ISCON Temple, two Ambulances with First Aid posts were set up on the occasion of Ram Navmi Festival-2018 on 25th March, 2018 at their temple at East of Kailash, New Delhi-110065 for medical assistance.
44. Mughal Garden, Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi. At the request of President Secretariat, four First Aid Posts were set up at four different gates at Mughal Garden from 6th February to 9th March, 2018 during the period when Mughal Garden is opened for public.
45. Health Check Up Camps. Delhi Brigade helped in the following Health Check Up Camps with medical team and medicines: –
i) On 25 Dec., 2017 at KIIT World School, Pitampura organized by Lions Club, Delhi veg.
ii) The West District of SJAB associated in the Health Check Up Camp organized by M/s Ayur Family in the memory of S.Harbans Singh Ji Narang and Sardarni Gursharan Kaur Ji Narang held on 29, 30 & 31st March, 2018 at Ayur Factory, Hanuman Chowk, Ranjeet Nagar, New Delhi.
46. Out Station First Aid Arrangements.
i) AC Sh.D.S.Lamkoti established first aid post at Vaishno Devi during both the Navratras.
ii) Shri Mani Mahesh Yatra-2017 – A first aid team during Shri Mani Mahesh Kailash Darshan Yatra-2017 held at Gauri Kund (H.P.) from 21 August to 27th August, 2017 at the height of 13,390 feet in the Pir-Panjal range of Himalayas was deputed under the leadership of Sh.G.C.Kaushal, Corps Commander. In the Camp, 527 pilgrims were rendered aid for minor ailments.
iii) Social Service Camp at Anand Pur Sahib – Under the leadership of S.Ojas S.Walia, a team of Brigade volunteers was deputed at Govt. Girls Sr.Sec. School near Tehsil Office, Shri Anandpur Sahib. Hola Mohalla at Anand Pur Sahib for setting up first aid post on 28.2.2018 to 3.3.2018.
47. Medical arrangements provided at Conferences and other places. Medical services were provided and Brigade Ambulances deployed in different conferences and VVIP duties. These services were provided through Brigade‟s Divisional/Corps Commander (M)/Doctors. At the above, First Aid Posts/Medical Posts, Brigade personnel rendered assistance to about 3.75 lacs people for minor ailments and transported through Ambulance about 3010 serious casualties to nearby hospitals/Medical complexes. Besides this, about 14,800 cases were attended by Brigade‟s Health Centres and Health Check up Camps etc.
B. Competitions in First Aid, Home Nursing, Hygiene & Sanitation.Delhi Brigade‟s State level Competitions in First Aid, Home Nursing, Hygiene & Sanitation, both Theory and Practical with Crossing of Hurdles by first aid teams were held on Monday, the 25th December, 2017 in the premises of TB Association of India at 3- Red Cross Road, New Delhi – Teams of Adult Ambulance, Adult Nursing, Cadet Ambulance and Cadet Nursing participated. A list of Winners and Runners is enclosed at Annexure-
C. Painting Competition – 31st December, 2017. The Painting Competition was organised in December, 2017 with the theme of First Aid, Tuberculosis, Swachhta Abhiyan and Hygiene etc. More than 400 Participants attended the competition in different categories.
D. Pulse Polio During Pulse Polio Immunization Campaign in April, 2017, July, 2017, September,
2017, 28th January, 2018 and 11th March, 2018, booths were opened with deputation of Brigade Ambulances on each occasion at all Metro Stations, ISBT‟s and Historical places. During the Campaign, Polio drops to children below 5 years were given as under:
Campaign month Children vaccinated
April, 2017 35,107
July, 2017 33,728
September, 2017 37,428
January, 2018 31,025
March, 2018 31,033
E. Blood Donation Camp
i) The Blood Donation Camp was organized in Oct., 2017 with 35 blood donors.
ii) Two Blood Donation Camps were organized at Brigade Hqrs. on 21st January and 27th February, 2018 in the memory of Brigade members Sh.Dinesh Srivastav and Ms.Sushma who died on Brigade duty.
iii) On 25 Feb., 2018, a Blood Donation Camp was organized at Mahavir Sr.Model School, Sawan Park Extn., GT Karnal Road, Delhi with the assistance of Brigade by Jain Navyuvak Sangh Shakti, New Delhi. 215 people donated the blood. Delhi Brigade organized CPR Training and made first aid arrangement at the Camp under the leadership of Dr.T.C.Gupta. The Camp was visited by Hon‟ble Health Minister Dr. Satender Jain Ji.
F. Central Training Camp/ Refresher Training Camps Refresher Training vis-a-vis Central Training Camps were held on 11 June, 2017,9th July, 2017, August, 2017, 7th Jan., 2018 and 21 Jan., 2018 for the Brigade‟s Commissioned and Non-Commissioned officers besides the registered Lecturers. In the Camp, training on special subjects i.e. Handling of Mass Casualties, CPR, Improvisation and Transportation of Casualties was imparted.
G. Training in Emergency first-Aid and Allied subjects.
(i) Under the Awareness Programme, training workshops were held on Life Saving First- Aid at different places at the request of corporate sector and other places in which over 12000 candidates participated.
(ii) For enrolment in the Brigade, first-aid classes were organized by the Brigade in Schools, NGOs and other places in which about 15000 people were imparted training in Emergency First-aid and allied subjects.
H. ICTC Centres Brigade‟s Integrated Counseling and Testing Centres at Inter State Bus Terminal
– Kashmere Gate where people for HIV are tested at their free will on the advice of medical practitioner. The report of the Centre is as under: –
Total pre-test- 3291.
Tested – 3291
Post Test – 3290
Positive – 150
I. Annual Inspection The annual inspection of different Corps / Divisions was conducted by the senior officers of the Brigade and the members were exhorted to continue to render services to
the sick and injured with more compassion, devotion and by using their skill.
J. Cadet Day Cadet Divisions celebrated Cadet Day where they took pledge to continue to treat
the needy with more zeal and care for minor ailments.
K. Ambulance services Brigade‟s Ambulances transported serious patients from First Aid Posts,
residences of patients (on request) to hospitals /and medical centers and vice-Versa.
Ambulances were also used for different training programmes of Brigade, inspection of
units, setting up of first-aid posts, Pulse Polio centers, and in other catastrophic situations, public congregations and other activities of the Brigade. The Ambulances were provided: –
a) for visiting dignitaries for medical carcade duty from time to time at the request of
Govt. and other agencies.
b) for first-aid posts set up by Brigade besides making medical arrangement at different national and international meetings/ functions etc.
c) to assist the Mobile Medical Health Scheme of Delhi Govt. in providing medical arrangement at different public congregations.
d) for transportation of about 2070 serious casualties to medical centers / hospitals during the year.
L. Pre-Disaster and Disaster Management Services.
a) The Brigade‟s Pre-Disaster Planning is an integral part of preparedness process towards mitigation of sufferings caused in catastrophic situations. The Brigade officers had been participating with First-Aid Teams in Mock Drills organized by different districts and attending various meetings called by District Disaster Management Authorities for high lighting vulnerable areas in the area and working out the ways and means of reducing the impact if any, and search for rescue and evacuation.
b) The Brigade‟s Lecturers had been imparting training in schools on Life Saving First-Aid to teachers and students as per DDMA program. Orientation, Sensitization and Training Programmes were organized by the Brigade in different schools, RWAs and other places.
M. Districts Reports
N. Acknowledgements The Progress made by the Brigade is the testimony of the dedication of its
devoted volunteers and consistent efforts of those responsible for organizing and leading various activities. The organization is grateful to its: –
i) Sponsorers, donors, well-wishers who have provided assistance, on different occasions, to the Brigade during the year both in cash and kind.
ii) St. John Ambulance (India), Indian Red Cross Society, National Headquarters and the Delhi Centre of St. John Ambulance for providing assistance from time-to-time to the Brigade in continuing their services to the people in need.
iii) Govt. of NCT of Delhi through Delhi Disaster Management Authorities, Police Authorities for their cooperation in different disasters and public duties and Directorate of Health Services, Directorate of Family Welfare and Directorate of Education.
iv) Govt. of India through the Director (EMR), Director General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the Ministry of Defence through the Under Secretary (D-Ceremonial) and Director of Medical Services (Army), Govt. of India, Delhi and Ministry of External Affairs in providing medical arrangements for VVIPs and Republic Day & Independence Day Celebrations.
The Brigade is grateful to the above for their inspiration, support and encouragement to enable the Brigade to serve the mankind in alleviating human sufferings in emergencies and at Large public gatherings on demand whenever and wherever required.